« Home | Back In The Saddle » | Amish Tragedy at Home » | 10 Things I Love About Fall » | Scary But True! » | Does Love Trump All? » | Gerber Daisies Make Me Happy » | Alive in Christ » | A Tiny Little Confession » | Stink! I Forgot It's My Week! » | Little Old Ladies...aren't always so nice. »

Better Than My Bed


I love my sofa.

(it's an IKEA Ektorp sofa in Idemo Light Green)

In fact I love it better than my bed.

I always have.

I have a beautiful bed. I bought it from IKEA, chose it carefully, and was thrilled when their wood version Ektorp full sized bed came out with curly, girly kind of headboard. I also loved the fact that it had a sleigh like base. Ahh... I love to look at that bed.

But nothing beats sleeping on my sofa.

I've always been this way. As a kid I would beg my mom to let me sleep on the sofa. I can tell you every sofa our family ever had and how comfy it was to sleep on. I don't really know why I like it so much better than a regular bed. Maybe it has something to do with having my back up against something. Maybe it's because sofa cushions are more comfortable than bed mattresses. Maybe I should have bought a daybed. All the glory and shape of a sofa but in a bed. Maybe the designer of the original daybed liked to sleep on sofas too.

As an adult I've resigned myself to the fact that my bed is for sleeping on and the sofa is only appropriate for when I'm sick or for the occasional nap. But I have to admit I try not to smile too much when I graciously give up my beautiful bed to a guest. Bet you didn't know I was so nice, did you?

So tell me, is your sofa extra comfy too?

I SO do not like to sleep on my sofa. The good news is that I don't have to give up my beloved bed when guests come. I suppose it would be more than a little strange since my husband sleeps there... :-0

We are about to retire our comfy sofa's that you all know and love, to another part of the house. In there place are some new ones that Ray got on clearance and then discounted further with his employee discount. Can't beat that! I'm not sure how they will sleep. They are completely different then our last ones. I will keep you posted!

My sofa is ok, but at night I much prefer my own bed... sofas are for napping, not "real" sleeping.. I did think it was super-holy and sacrifical that you gave me your bed when I came to visit - guess you didn't really earn those spiritual points!! :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • My name is Brenda.
  • And I'm an expat living in Hungary.
  • "And then the day came when the risk it took to remain tight it a bud, was more painful, than the risk it would take to blossom."