« Home | Stink! I Forgot It's My Week! » | Little Old Ladies...aren't always so nice. » | I Am His »

A Tiny Little Confession


Pretty much everything really clever about the design and structure of my new trial blog...

...did not originally come from me.

The template, the style of writing, the title (okay well, part of that is mine).

So, in order to clear my conscience and move forward undaunted I will now give credit where credit is do.

I'm going to call this my:

"Two Bloggers Who Are Way More Creative Than Me" List:

  • The Catbird Seat - I can't really figure out what keeps me coming back time and time again to this blog but her posts are always unexpected and interesting and many of my friends are now hooked on her blog as well. Her style of writing and one liners grab your attention and I'm trying to learn from her what it is exactly that makes everyone look a second time. She taught me how effective the word "sigh" can be when when sitting by itself and that everyday things can be interesting and I'm grateful. Sigh.
  • Breathing and Believing. Just Be. - This girl Lor is a friend of a friend and I came upon her blog by accident. I'm not going to link to her since I don't if she would want me to but just trust me that the design of my template and part of my title is what I got from her. God also used the verse from Song of Solomen on her site to grab my attention and speak to my heart. I'm so thankful to her and to Him.
Okay, so there you have it. The good news is that you can rest assured that the stories and thoughts are and will be mine, and mine alone. Because if anyone else is experiencing small town Hungarian village life as a single 35 year old church planting used to be pedatric nurse from Pennsylvania...well, I'd like to meet them.

I bet we would be friends.

Brenda - you just make me smile! Thanks for being lovable, funny, creative in your own way, interesting, honest, deep...you! You are so special to me! I love and miss you sister!

Post a Comment

About me

  • My name is Brenda.
  • And I'm an expat living in Hungary.
  • "And then the day came when the risk it took to remain tight it a bud, was more painful, than the risk it would take to blossom."