« Home | Little Old Ladies...aren't always so nice. » | I Am His »

Stink! I Forgot It's My Week!


Okay, so the third week of every month I am responsible for mopping my first-floor hallway. Technically, this includes the entire hallway and down the stairs to the lower floor.

There is only one thing...

I didn't know about it until last month.

And since I've lived here since May that means I am three "moppings" overdue.

Oops. (sigh.)

So now, the bigger problem I'm having is remembering the darn job and planning a time to do it. (yea, yea, I know. no kids=should have plenty of time.)

This morning I woke up with a vague feeling that something was missing and it hit me that it was my week and I had yet to mop. Yikes!

So I'm off to to do the deed after I take a shower and look somewhat presentable to the neighbors who are all certainly peeking out their peepholes to make sure that I'm doing it right. (or should I say to make sure I'm doing it wrong? : )

Well, at least it's better than remembering tomorrow which would have been a day too late.

Moody should add Mopping 101 to their missionary training program.

Really, it's harder than it looks.

About me

  • My name is Brenda.
  • And I'm an expat living in Hungary.
  • "And then the day came when the risk it took to remain tight it a bud, was more painful, than the risk it would take to blossom."