« Home | Scary But True! » | Does Love Trump All? » | Gerber Daisies Make Me Happy » | Alive in Christ » | A Tiny Little Confession » | Stink! I Forgot It's My Week! » | Little Old Ladies...aren't always so nice. » | I Am His »

10 Things I Love About Fall


Fall is my absolute favorite season with winter a close second and then spring and summer following in that order. Yes, I know, I'm weird in that everyone else's favorite, summer, is on the bottom of my list. It's funny, both my mom and grandmother mentioned to me this week how excited they were that winter was coming...

(Apparently it's a family thing.)

So, without further ado here's my list.

1. Leaves turning colors (in particular the color red as tree leaves don't turn red in Hungary. it's all very sad.)
2. Penn State Football (win or lose!)
3. Pumpkin Patches
4. The smell of fall burning leaves? (you know, that smell.)
5. The anticipation and promise of a new beginning (September has always inspired me waaaay more than the New Year)
6. School supplies! (even as an adult I love, I mean really really love, school supplies!)
7. Cooler weather
8. Bonfires and hayrides
9. Jackets and sweatshirts
10. Thanksgiving

What do you love about fall?

1. hearing the leaves crunch under my feet
2. seeing my breath in the morning
3. wearing plaid and wool
4. crisp air
5. sharp pencils
6. fun kicky high heeled boots
7. hearing the spine crack when opening a brand new notebook
8. scarves and gloves
9. Penn State football (but only if they win.. when they lose I get cranky)
10. don't have to even think about wearing a bathing suit for 9 months!

Post a Comment

About me

  • My name is Brenda.
  • And I'm an expat living in Hungary.
  • "And then the day came when the risk it took to remain tight it a bud, was more painful, than the risk it would take to blossom."