« Home | Alive in Christ » | A Tiny Little Confession » | Stink! I Forgot It's My Week! » | Little Old Ladies...aren't always so nice. » | I Am His »

Gerber Daisies Make Me Happy


I don't really know why gerber daisies make me so happy. They are not necessarily my favorite flower but for some reason whenever I am feeling down a good gerber daisy always make me feel better. A few years ago I decided I needed something in my apartment besides me that was a living thing. That started my tradition of buying one gerber daisy per week. Each week I pick a different color and I am never disappointed. I guess I would put them in the category of an old friend, a good book, a perfect mug of hot chocolate, or a favorite comfy robe...just friendly and familiar.

I bet God still smiles every time he looks at a gerber daisy too.

What's your happy flower?

Sharon - oooh, tulips.. yes, they are happy!!! (but they are droopy - they look good for about a day and then they fall under their own weight)... I like gerber daisies, but my fav are, well, I have two.. first and foremost are lillies - the fragrance and bright colors just make me sigh (in a 'aren't they beautiful' way).. and for a less "in your face" flower I like...umm... I always called them "astra marias".. but when I tried to look it up to make sure I had the name right I can't find it (Angela - help!!!)... well I get them at the grocery store - they have multiple flowers per stem and are pink but can be white and they last over a week!.. you know what, it's been awhile since I treated myself to flowers.. I'm going to run down to Boyd's on the Market Steet mall and pick up a lily stem and filler and place it in my budvase at work.. thanks Brenda! :D

Post a Comment

About me

  • My name is Brenda.
  • And I'm an expat living in Hungary.
  • "And then the day came when the risk it took to remain tight it a bud, was more painful, than the risk it would take to blossom."